Thursday, April 17, 2008

Writing Excellent Short Stories

How do you resolve the conflict of your short story in a meaningful and believable way?

A conflict is a problem or disagreement between two or more people. Most short stories have a conflict. Solving the problem has to be done in a believable way. You can't find a million dollars in a bag on the street!

Conflict can also be within yourself. You can feel a certain way about someone or yourself and need to change that feeling.

How you change that feeling is how you resolve the conflict. It's sometimes a very good thing to write about feelings because you can actually look at them and decide whether or not these feelings are doing you any good. Sometimes feelings can eat away at you and make you sick.

I hope to see some good, logical conflict resolutions. If you have any questions, feel free to talk to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a 55yrs old mother of 2 girls
been sitting in the background for so long now trying to branch out into some writing after being a stay at home mum. I have just sat reading your blogs, so full of information I was amazed. Thank you for being so helpful. I have only had a computer for 12 months and have only just ventured into blogs amazed at the help that is out there. Looking forward to learning more from your site. Barbara

Mrs. Del Tejo said...

Thank you, I'm glad I could be of some help. Good luck! Maybe you can be another J.K.R.